Alabama FOP Faqs

Who can I talk to about insurance?
Any of our enrollment specialists will be happy to assist you upon your call. The Alabama FOP hotline number is 1-866-201-2524.
Can my spouse get insurance also?
Does it cost the Alabama State Lodge FOP extra to get insurance through you?
Will my spouse be eligible for insurance, even if I am not taking the insurance yet?
What is the sign up period for Insurance?
We have rolling enrollment for all insurance, you can enroll by the 20th of any month and become effective the first of the following month.
When will my coverage become effective?
Vision and Dental insurance: Applications received by the 20th of each month will become effective on the first of the next month.
Will I get an ID card for dental and vision?
Dental: Yes

Vision: No

If I don’t get an ID card for Vision, how will they know I have insurance?
When you go to an in-network provider, tell them that you are with United HealthCare Vision, provide them with your Social Security Number and date of birth, and they will look up the enrollment information on the computer system.
How do I find out who the providers are for dental and vision?

Dental: Begin by going to the UHC member website and click on “Find a Dentist” about halfway down the page. Then choose ‘Employer and Individual Plans’ on the next page. Enter your location in the applicable space. Finally, select the National Options PPO 30 for the Alabama FOP network plan. You will then be routed to the search screen where you can search for an in-network provider.

Vision: Visit the UHC Vision website and on the right side you will find the Provider Quick Search Tool to search for participating providers.

How do I cancel my insurance?

All cancellations must be in writing. Send to: Doyle Rowe LTD, 1301 W. 22nd Street, Suite 101 Oak Brook, IL 60523. Note: You must remain in the dental and vision plans for one year.

How do I sign up for dental and vision?

Both Vision and Dental plans require you to fill out a Premium Payment Option and Authorization Form and an enrollment/application form.

How do I pay for the dental and vision plans?
Payment for dental and vision plans may be deducted from your bank account or billed Quarterly, Semi-Annually, or Annually to your home address. If paying via check, a Credit Card number will be required. Your credit card will not be charged unless payment is not received by the 15th of the month in which payment is due.
Can I get Dental and/or Vision without having other insurance with you?
What happens when my spouse dies?
You need to send a copy of the Certificate of Death to Doyle Rowe LTD