Who can I talk to about insurance?

Any of our enrollment specialists will be happy to assist you upon your call. Call our Enrollment Hotline at 1-800-564-7227.

Can my spouse get insurance also?

Your spouse is eligible for any insurance you, as an IMRF member, are eligible for. (this applies to all plans)

Are there costs associated with using Doyle Rowe LTD?

No, the services of Doyle Rowe LTD are free to both the members and the IMRF.

Will my spouse be eligible for insurance, even if I am not taking the insurance yet?
What is the sign up period for insurance?

We have rolling enrollment for most plans with the exception of Medicare Part D and Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug Plans (MAPD) these enrollment periods are federally mandated and run from October 15 to December 7.

Under 65 medical plans also have a federally mandated open enrollment period (November 1 – December 15 for January 1, next plan year) unless you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period (SEP). Contact DRL to learn more about SEP qualification.

Sign up periods vary for those newly eligible for Medicare and those qualifying for a Special Enrollment Period, Contact Doyle Rowe LTD for more details.

When will my coverage become effective?

Coverage for those applying during open enrollment will become effective on January 1. Coverage for those newly eligible or those who qualify enrollment period will become effective on the first of the month following receipt of the application.

Vision and Dental Insurance: If we have your application and premium deduction authorization by the 25th of the month, then your effective date will be the 1st of the following month.

Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plans: You are able to sign up during annual enrollment: Oct. 15 thru Dec. 7th or within 60 days of the termination of your group health insurance (with creditable coverage); or within 60 days of Part B eligibility.

Supplemental: Effective dates vary based on the needs of the applicant. Contact Doyle Rowe LTD for more details.

Will I get an ID card for dental and vision?

Dental: Yes

Vision: You can print an ID card by visiting and creating an account

If I don't get an ID card for vision, how will they know I have insurance?

When you go to an in-network provider, tell them that you are with United HealthCare Vision, provide them with your name and date of birth, and they will look up the enrollment information on the computer system.

How do I find out who the providers are for dental and vision?

For Dental, click here to visit Delta Dental IL. Enter your location information and select “Search for a Dentist.”

For Vision, click here to visit United Healthcare Vision. Select “Future Member” and enter the location information requested. Click “Submit.”

Can I email or fax the forms to Doyle Rowe LTD?

Forms may be emailed to or faxed to 630-379-0857.

Can I email or fax the forms to Doyle Rowe LTD?

Forms may be emailed to or faxed to 630-379-0857.

How do I cancel my insurance?

All cancellations must be in writing. Send to: Doyle Rowe LTD, 1301 W. 22nd Street, Suite 101 Oak Brook, IL 60523. Note: You must remain in the dental and vision plans for one year. Federal government rules must be followed for Medicare Part D dis-enrollments. You can also fax your cancellation to 630-379-0857 or email Cancellations received after the IMRF benefit payment deadline each month will become effective the end of the following month.


How do I sign up dental and vision?

Both vision and dental plans require you to fill out a premium deduction authorization form and an enrollment/application form.

Do I have dental and vision deducted from my pension check?

Yes, if you are a retiree, your payment for dental and vision plans are deducted from the IMRF pension check.

Can I sign up for Delta Dental if I am an Active member?

Yes. Payments may be made via EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer), or with quarterly, semiannual or annual billing. (A monthly service charge of $2.50 will apply.)

Can I get dental and/or vision without having other insurance with you?


What happens when my spouse dies?
  • For the Delta Dental, UHC Vision, Blue Cross Blue Shield Supplemental plans: Please send a copy of the death certificate to Doyle Rowe LTD.
  • For Delta Dental & UHC Vision: if deceased spouse is IMRF member, then your Delta Dental and UHC Vision will automatically be cancelled. If you would like to remain on the plan, please contact us.